Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 5: Teaching and VIP Status

My first day teaching went okay...when we first went to the school my contact fell out (of course it would) and me being the dumb butt that I am didn't have any extra in my purse or my glasses. So I taught with only one eye being able to see..so that was a tad rough.

The kids are so so cute! I teach the juniors, which are about 3-4 years old. They are the most adorable little kids ever. And some of them even know quite a bit of english. We teach a lesson, then they have snack time, we teach another lesson, then outside game time (which is super fun), then one more lesson.

All in all teaching went better then expected, even with one eye. :P

After we got home from teaching, me and Nikki swept the apartment and our room, it was very dirty and gross, and sprayed raid under our beds...just in case of nasty critters. :P After that me and her went exploring downtown to look at all the cute shops that we have around our neighborhood, then walked to the one plus one to get stuff for our home ( :) ) and stuff to cook for dinner,  we ended up staying there for like two hours just going down every row to see what we could find. We each ended up getting several drinks to try:) the first one I tried was this pineapple milk type thing that was so so good! :) They have all different types of milk here, apple, pear, strawberry, anything you can think of they probably have it in milk, but its more like a soy milk type thing. I don't really know, but its very good, and I usually hate milk:P

Little baby husky that we saw on our walk:)
home sweet home
so close ;P
yummy!

After we got back to the apartment we all really wanted to go swimming so we changed and as soon as we were about to walk out the door kyle called and said that the wife of the founder and owner of bond schools wanted to eat dinner with us.. right then. so we had no time to change so we threw something over our swimsuits and walked with Brenin to the place we would be eating at, we were all hoping it would just be a street vendor place so we wouldn't feel bad that we weren't properly dress, but it ended up being in a fancy hotel in a VIP room we all felt super bad, but they didn't seem to mind, they were all super helpful and showed us how to eat everything.  I tried everything and it all tasted very good:) even the tea, which I normally don't like. also i'm getting better at chopsticks! Though they all laughed at us and showed us how:) tomorrow we are going to go over to Charlene house to watch her play a traditional chinese instrument, she was super fun and I think around our age. She acted as the translator for her mom (wife of the owner of bond)! we ended up having such a good time!

                                                                  our Chinese friends:)


Nikki, Kyle, me ;P

Creepy shrimp.  They showed us how to eat it and it ended up being very good:) me and kyle couldn't handle the little legs and eyes staring at us;P

fancy:)

 Today was such a good day in China, though so far, thats everyday! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment